Friday, January 25, 2013
Guidelines for baby shopping
It have been a long hiatus, right?Sorry dear readers, time flies very fast and we are very exited shopping for our little junior ! We are not sure either the baby is 'he' or 'she' but as long as the baby is healthy, it is good enough for us.
As a first-time mommy, i really have no idea what to buy for a newborn baby. So i do ask my mom's opinion and other mommies what they usually bought for their newborns:
1. Buy everything moderately because we don't know how big is the baby. Just buy a few clothes, booties & mittens, socks, and cap.
2. Avoid buying clothes for newborn (or written for newborn) because from their experience, it is too small or the baby can wear it just for a short time. Bear in mind that newborns grows fast. Buy 3-6 months or 6 months clothes for babies should be ok.
3. Buy baby bath/shampoo set in a small size. You have no idea if your baby is allergic to it or not.
4. Must buy blankets / blankets with hoodie to wrap the baby after he/she is born (up until 3 months)
5. Buying extra towels ( up to 2-3 towels) is ok because it is essential for your baby as they will use it everyday. Buy some napkins (10 pcs, 100% cotton) for the early months of newborns because they get rashes easily. Don't simply use disposable diapers yet.
6. Bib for baby and extra handkerchief for mommies use when breastfeeding.
7. Do not hesitate buying first class quality products for your baby. It might be expensive and involves a lot of money (especially for first time mommy/ first newborn) but it is worth it.
So, this is what i bought so far. I think it is enough for the time being :-)
1. Bath set (1)
2. Napkin liners 120 pcs (1 box)
3. Plastic tie pants (10 pcs) for napkins
4. Baby binder (2 pcs)
5. Towel (2 pcs)
6. Hooded blanket (1)
7. Socks (1)
8. Newborn booties & mitten set (1)
9. Booties & mitten set (7)
10. Baby cap (1)
1. Baby printed napkins (10 pcs)
2. Long sleeved clothes - cotton/ small holes (3 pcs)
3. Short sleeved clothes - cotton/ small holes (2 pcs)
1. Baby mattress set (1)
2. Feeding bottle (2)
3. Baby wipes
4. Changing mat
5. Diapers bag
6. Bedding set (for baby cot)
For Mommy :
1. Baby warmer / bottle sterilizer
2. Breast pump (automatic / electric)
3. Nursing Bra (2)
4. Nursing pads (20 pcs)
5. Maternity pad
6. Socks (2 pcs)
Now we are hunting for the perfect baby cot. I was eying this baby cot from IKEA. Love it!
Already bought but not in the picture :
1. Baby hooded towel (1)
2. Baby cot mosquito net and stand
3. Breast-milk storage bottles (10 pcs)
4. Baby blanket (3 pcs)
Hope everything will go as planned. We just don't want to get too exited and always pray for our baby's health everyday. Do wish the best for us!